JOB TITLE: Sales Planning Manager
REPORTS TO: Vice President - Club & Specialty
Love Food? Love working with People?
Continental Mills is hiring a Sales Planning Manager!
Our company is a reflection of the people who represent it. CM has inspired, creative team players who bring our purpose, values, and mission to life. We attract top-notch professionals with a passion for food, agility, and excellent customer service and the desire to make a difference in people's lives through the power of food.
Purpose: We are passionate about food and we use our skills and talents to make amazing products for our consumers and bring value to our customers. We provide a collaborative and transparent work environment for our employees, and share our contagious passion as positive contributors in the communities where we operate.
Values: Above all else, we value people; our employees, customers, consumers, and suppliers. We focus on quality and believe our products should be verifiably better than anyone else's. We believe in continuous improvement, in doing the right things, and investing in our business and our brands.
JOB PURPOSE: This position will lead the business planning activities within the Club & Specialty division. This manager will partner with Sales team to manage annual customer planning activities, sales forecasting and trade spending programs; develop tools and processes enabling detailed assessment of business performance and identify business opportunities. The successful execution of these responsibilities will result in long-term sales growth and profitability within the Division.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND INFLUENCE:
- Own annual budget volume planning process; liaison with Finance
- Lead content development for sales plan dialogue meetings
- Assist with reconciling gaps between forecast and budget
- Track trade accrual and incremental spend to balance spending to budget at customer and division level
- Evaluate ROI of trade spending events
- Project trade spend liability at key financial milestones
- Lead content development for Division Business updates and reviews
- Includes monthly executive summary
- Detailed assessment of business performance and proactively identify issues with solutions
- Collaborate with sales to identify appropriate and incremental opportunities
- Own Master Price Files and maintenance
- With Finance, conducts annual review of item profitability
- Support Sales Operations and New Product Development as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Strong financial acumen
- Highly proficient Microsoft Office Suite (especially PowerPoint and Excel)
- Demonstrated leadership and results orientation
- Effective interpersonal skills and collaborative style to work cross functionally and within team
- Independently perform quantitative analyses
- Time management skills to manage competing and changing priorities
- Unquestionable integrity
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to effectively set priorities, and consistently follow-up
- Team player with entrepreneurial, can-do spirit
- Proactive, takes initiative, follows-through with commitments
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Documented analytical experience
- 3-5 years of experience preferred, with relevant experience in CPG
The policy of Continental Mills, Inc. is to hire, train, and promote all persons in all job groups in accordance with law, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, presence of sensory, mental or physical disability, Vietnam veteran, or national origin.