Maintenance Supervisor Job
|Location: Rice Lake, Wisconsin
||Date Posted: 12/22/2016
|Job Code: 23507BR
- Ensure efficient operation and cost-effective repair of equipment, ammonia refrigeration system, boiler, and other plant infrastructure.
- Minimize mechanical downtime and optimize preventive maintenance efforts.
- Manage MRO activities using the CMMS program.
- Provide leadership and supervision to maintenance mechanics on all three shifts.
- Develop a team that is self-managing, motivated, and innovative, and provide growth opportunities for team members.
- Serve as a technical expert for plant personnel.
- Report directly to the Plant Engineering Manager.
- Work a variable schedule to support personnel on all three shifts. Primarily third-shift hours.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide direction for maintaining and operating physical equipment and the plant infrastructure.
- Ensure proper operation and maintenance of the ammonia refrigeration system and boiler.
- Maintain PSM program.
- Ensure proper documentation of procedures for maintenance and operation of equipment and the plant infrastructure.
- Use SAP / Meridium processes and tools to manage such MRO systems as work orders, preventive maintenance, and inventory management.
- Prepare and distribute reports as required.
- Ensure that employees are adequately trained.
- Inspect physical equipment and the plant infrastructure. Identify and resolve issues.
- Assist with the analysis and launch of new processes and equipment.
- Assist with troubleshooting and root-cause analysis to eliminate, where possible, any mechanical, electrical, or other problem that affects production.
- Aid in the development of the maintenance budget, operate at or below budget, and progressively seek ways to reduce expenditures.
- Set departmental goals that support plant objectives.
- Work with and manage outside contractors and vendors as necessary.
- Communicate proactively with maintenance employees on all three shifts.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws and regulations, including EEO.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training, and developing employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; coaching, recognizing, and disciplining employees; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Proactively support internal and external customers.
- Attend required plant training programs per the training schedule. Ensure personnel is properly trained. Deliver selected training programs as required.
- Support plant efforts to achieve cost reduction and other goals.
- Maintain open lines of communication with Operations, Sanitation, Quality, Safety, Human Resources, and other departments.
- Support plant safety programs through regularly attending safety team meetings, ensuring that maintenance personnel receive training in and comply with plant safety programs (i.e., Lock Out/Tag Out, PSM, HazCom, etc.), and eliminating identified safety hazards.
- Ensure compliance with food safety regulations and practices.
- Ensure compliance with environmental laws and regulations.
- Support capital projects with resources and expertise.
- Support mandatory inspections and audits.
- Other duties as assigned.
Must have: Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience.
Related Work Experience (internal to the organization or external):
- 2 to 5 years in frozen food manufacturing.
- Strong maintenance background, including working with a CMMS program.
- 1 to 3 years of supervising people.
- 1 to 3 years of working with ammonia refrigeration systems and boilers.
- Basic understanding of industrial controls and logic.
Nice to have: Experience managing projects.
Critical TECHNICAL (Function-Specific) Competencies:
- Equipment, processes, and practices used in frozen food manufacturing
- Good knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and building repair, ammonia refrigeration, boilers, pneumatics, PLCs, machining, welding, HVAC, and general construction practices
- Good working knowledge of electronics / instrumentation, robotics, and / or programming
- Safety regulations and practices, including Process Safety Management
- Food safety regulations and practices
- Environmental regulations and procedures
- Machine and building layouts
- Read and draw blueprints
Critical CORE (General Behavioral and Business) Competencies:
- Good working knowledge of Lean Six Sigma
- Effective leader, coach, and trainer
- Solid communication, interpersonal, planning, and problem-solving skills
- SAP / Meridium tools and processes
- Microsoft Office software
McCain Foods and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: McCain Foods
|Company: McCain Foods