Love Marketing? Love Food? Love working with People?
Continental Mills is hiring a Senior Associate Brand Manager!
Our company is a reflection of the people who represent it. CM has inspired, creative team players who bring our purpose, values, and mission to life. We attract top-notch professionals with a passion for food, agility, and excellent customer service and the desire to make a difference in people's lives through the power of food.
Continental Mills is looking for a Senior Associate Brand Manager who has passion for innovation, the ability to see the big picture and bring new ideas to life while also being a strong project manager, numbers savvy, and a good team player. If you are looking for a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented work environment where entrepreneurial thinking is rewarded, then consider joining our team.
Purpose: We are passionate about food and we use our skills and talents to make amazing products for our consumers and bring value to our customers. We provide a collaborative and transparent work environment for our employees, and share our contagious passion as positive contributors in the communities where we operate.
Values: Above all else, we value people; our employees, customers, consumers, and suppliers. We focus on quality and believe our products should be verifiably better than anyone else's. We believe in continuous improvement, in doing the right things, and investing in our business and our brands.
This position is responsible for leading new product platform, capability-expansion development across snacking, bake & griddle categories. Requires ability to identify opportunities, translate them into attractive business propositions that build brand equity, and facilitate transition from product projects to launch of on-going base business brand efforts
Responsibilities include: support of large, complex platform (Big Bet) efforts; identification of opportunities in new categories and commercialization of new organizational capabilities; and management of platform projects that expand on our existing capabilities and sub-categories. In addition, owns consumer, category and market analysis that leads to new product development and commercialization of line and platform projects. Related efforts include cross functional project management, budgeting, forecasting, P&L analysis, syndicated data analysis, development of related consumer advertising/promotions/packaging graphics, trade advertising/promotions and selling materials. The successful execution of these responsibilities will result in long-term sales growth and profitability of new products.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND INFLUENCE:
- Develop, plan and implement strategic plans for new product launches
- Interpret and analyze consumer & market data to develop and implement short and long-term strategies
- Lead teams and work closely with cross-functional partners such as Consumer Insights, Research & Development, Operations, Finance, Sales, Manufacturing and Supply Chain to successfully commercialize new products; and transition projects to respective base team members as part of launch
- Assist in supporting external/internal primary consumer market research activities; both learning and validation. Leads secondary market analysis
- Assists in development and management of budget
- Creates and influences new product forecast
- Recommend and gain alignment of promotional opportunities including planning, development and execution management of promotion as they relate to new product launches
- Utilize and create internal analytical models/tools that will assist in developing marketing and sales plans for new product introductions:
- Trade promotional analysis
- Competitive analysis
- Perform other duties as assigned
Leadership & Management
- Strong project management, organizational, communication, interpersonal skills - influencing, resolving conflict, and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to develop working relationships with CM internal employees and external vendors including outside sales force, food broker network retail customers, advertising agencies, packaging designers, research vendors, etc.
- Flexible, with the ability to handle ambiguity, changing environment and adjust to shifting priorities. Proven leadership, communication, analytical and management skills
- Translate a vision for the future into executional success; and leads planning and implementation to get there
- Create an environment that encourages and rewards team work and collaboration, both internally and externally
- Systematic problem solver, implementing solution to solve root cause problems
- Strong analytically; ability to synthesize various sources of data and information; and distill into clear, prioritized implications
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, with an emphasis on presentation software
- Familiarity and experience with stage-gate commercialization practices
- Experience using and analyzing syndicated data (ACNielsen/IRI)
- Experience in analyzing financial data
- Experience developing advertising and packaging materials
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Personal and Social Competence
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to travel 10% of the time
- High level of energy
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or similar fields required
- MBA in Marketing or related field strongly preferred
- 3+ years classical brand management experience in a consumer packaged goods organization