Are you a knowledgeable and trusted advisor within the State Government? Would you like an opportunity to solve tough problems and do something extraordinary? Join SAS and turn your bold ideas into innovative breakthrough solutions leveraging the power of business intelligence software.
You can make a difference and leave the world a better place than we found it. We are looking for crazy talented, brilliant, compassionate leaders to join our team.
Here's the idea. We are building teams of State/Local Government focused roles that will utilize powerful analytics to solve real world problems. For you, that means using your government connections to identify challenges that could be solved utilizing the worlds most advanced analytics.
SAS is the leader in business analytics software and services, and the largest independent vendor in the business intelligence market. Through innovative solutions, SAS helps customers at more than 75,000 sites improve performance and deliver value by making better decisions faster. Since 1976 SAS has been giving customers around the world The Power to Know.®
Your responsibilities will consist of executing on strategies and best practices that will create new business revenue from a platform approach of Government Analytics products by targeting state agencies.
- Bachelor's degree in a business or quantitative field of study - J.D. or Master's degree preferred
- 5-10 years of experience working in a State Government role
- Ability to travel within your state at least 50% of the time or as business needs require
- Current contacts within the State Government market where you have become a trusted advisor to the client
- Ability to relate technical and business concepts to SAS solutions, applications and user needs
- Knowledge of software acquisition cycles and buying influences a plus
- Advanced knowledge of industry software and hardware terminology and concepts a plus
- Knowledge of SAS System products and services preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strategic selling skills, skills in analyzing and evaluating territory dynamics to develop and implement a sales plan
- Ability to initiate and lead projects
- Be an energetic self-starter and possess an excellent knowledge of the industry marketplace and business drivers.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrated success working with executive and legislative branches of state government
- Demonstrated understanding of State Government procurement procedures and sales cycles
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people's lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.