McCain It's All Good™ is our philosophy. As a food manufacturer, our business is driven by good people, making good food, from good ingredients - and the result is food that makes people feel good. But McCain It's all good ™ is not just about the food we make, it's about how we conduct ourselves in every aspect of our business. From farmer and customer relationships to sustainable agricultural processes - we strive to make every element of our business good. The McCain It's all good ™ philosophy underpins everything we do.
We are currently seeking a fulltime professional and energetic Human Resources Manager for our Portage, Manitoba plant, reporting directly to the Director of Human Resources. As the Human Resources Manager you are part of, and play an important role within, both the local plant management team and the Canadian HR team by providing advice, assistance and interpretation of HR policies, programs and new initiative implementation. You will support our business strategy through various stakeholders to ensure we realize continuous improvement.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Employee relations: play a proactive and positive part in support of plant business strategy and key performance indicators.
- Performance management: including providing training and implementing corporate initiatives (Performance@Mccain) as well as the informal training and support to management in dealing with performance management
- Training & development: assist in the development and delivery of our people through classroom and e-learning initiatives
- Communication: development and coordination of employee communication plans as well as special event planning/coordinating
- Compensation & benefits administration: ensure adherence to organizational salary administration program; provide support in the administration of company benefits
- Health & safety: active participation in health & safety initiatives, taking a lead role in safety optimization in the drive to «zero» incidents
- Disability claims management: administer and coordinate worker's compensation and illness claims; facilitate return to work programs as applicable
- Recruitment and on-boarding initiatives focusing on optimizing plant staffing initiatives, improving processes and leading the implementation of McCain leadership competencies
- Act as a mentor and coach to junior HR employees to exceed departmental and business objectives.
- Participate in Human Resources projects and initiatives including policy development and process improvement
Success After Twelve Months
The Human Resources Manager will be deemed successful having accomplished the following, after 12 months in his/her role:
- Improved engagement results
- Created and implemented a strategic people agenda that includes:
- Indicators of reduced voluntary turnover
- Succession plan for management team roles
- Effective performance management of employees not meeting expectations
- Implemented high performance team initiatives for plant management team and across the organization
- Reduce disability claims and implement effective return to work programs
- Train front line supervisors on good employee relations and sophisticated management strategies (i.e. diversity and inclusion)
- A minimum five (5) years related HR experience or strong supervisory experience acquired in a unionized manufacturing environment
- A degree in Human Resources Management(or related degree); and CHRP designation preferred
- Previous experience working with Enterprise Resources and Talent Management systems an asset
- Excellent Communication skills (both verbal & written) & Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- A proven ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively using effective time management and organizational skills
- This position will most suit an individual who has demonstrated leadership skills in their current role and has the desire/ability to contribute and grow within the Canadian Human Resources team