Today, E. & J. Gallo Winery is the world's largest family-owned winery and the largest exporter of California wine. We produce wines for a variety of tastes and occasions, so there's always something new to share with friends and family. We host wine tastings and offer educational seminars, so you get a deeper understanding of our products and our business. Not to mention the fun you'll have meeting with team members from across our organization.
We are seeking bright and energetic people who want to advance their careers. Our managers are trained to recognize potential across departments and support your training and development. And that means if you're an enthusiastic employee who likes to learn, there are real opportunities for advancement.
Come be part of it all! An industry leader with a diverse portfolio of award-winning wines. A history rich in tradition. A record of innovation and industry firsts. And a privately-owned business focused on sustainable growth and rooted in family values. Some of us had a passion for wine when we began our careers at Gallo; others knew nothing about it. Either way, you'll enjoy being part of the wine industry, and Gallo in particular.
Under minimal supervision, performs servicing and merchandising duties in order to facilitate sales of Gallo products.
- Checks Gallo inventory and restocks shelves.
- Services Gallo brands so that each product location is fully stocked and presentable to the consumer.
- Maintains positive brand image through dusting and rotation.
- Builds mass displays.
- Merchandises product in order to stimulate impulse sales through effective use of P.O.S.
- Performs in-store resets.
- Carries out verbal instructions from appropriate management staff.
- Maintains accurate reports.
- Projects a professional appearance while being friendly and helpful.
- Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations.
- This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Required to be at least 18 years of age.
- Required to successfully pass physical demands testing.
- Valid driver's license and successful completion of background check. Required to obtain a California driver's license or appropriate state driver's license within 30 days of hire.
- No more than 2 moving violations within the past 3 years and no DUI/DWI convictions within the past 5 years.
- Required to lift and move 45-57 pound cases of product.
- Good communication skills.
- Experienced in reading and comprehending simple instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Experienced in writing simple correspondence and procedures.
- Skilled in adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Skilled in merchandising techniques.
- Experience with grocery chains.
- Knowledge of the alcoholic beverage industry.
- Available to work weekends for special functions/events.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be on his/her feet for long periods of time and frequently bend and stoop.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The temperature, noise level and cleanliness of the work environment varies with each retail account.