Job Description: Assistant Vice President, Business Systems Deployment
Career Track: Information Technology Management
Functional: Head of Application Development, Integration, Testing, Deployment, & Support
The AVP, Business Systems, supports the VP/CIO by setting strategic and tactical direction to the company's IT organization that provides business systems analysis, application development, implementation of third party solutions, systems integration, testing, systems quality assurance, and maintenance. This includes the conceptualization, planning, evaluation, development, integration, and deployment of application platforms.
· Plans, organizes, leads, controls, and coordinates the provision of services in the assigned systems area(s) of IT application development.
· Acts as a primary resource to the business senior management and operational senior management in all matters concerning current systems and future technology resources.
· Plays a strategic role in identifying technology direction that would enable the business to more effectively achieve business goals.
· Manages all teams responsible for supporting, enhancing, evaluating and implementing new and existing business applications.
· Serves as Chief Applications Architect, providing technical direction and guidance, as well as hands-on systems engineering design
· Develops, implements, and monitors application architectural standards.
· Participates in IT management duties such as budget and financial activities; process standards, improvement, and monitoring; program and project management; enterprise application portfolio management; vendor management and strategic sourcing; workforce planning; information security; and strategic planning.
Minimum of 2 years of executive level experience (Director/Officer), systems development executive experience preferredMinimum of 5 years of experience managing distributed software development teams, Insurance industry experience preferred. Ideal candidate should have experience leading multi-disciplinary teams.
Program and project management expertise including the ability to concurrently handle multiple simultaneous complex projects.
Excellent problem solving and interpersonal communication skills are must.
Must have a desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction, process and product quality and reliability.Be very motivated to resolve product issues quickly and reliably.Have excellent oral and written communication skills.Thrive on technical challenges and take pride in finding elegant, sustainable solutions; constantly thinking of ways to improve our productivity, reliability, and code base.
- Minimum of 12 years of Software Development experience.
o Minimum of 8 years of hands-on experience with Microsoft development platforms.
Experience with WCF, SOAP, and/or REST services development, 3 years of experience preferred
o Strong expertise developing with the Microsoft .NET framework, C#, ASP.NET, WebForms and/or ASP.NET MVC.
Strong knowledge of OOD principles and Test-Driven Development.Strong understanding of applications architecture processes, design patterns, and standards.Experience writing and using unit tests to validate development releases. Experience with agile development methodologies and strong knowledge of all phases of system development life cycle required.Experience deploying third party solutions.
- Strong understanding of and experience in systems integration.
- Knowledge of electronic billing and payment processes, disciplines and standards is a strong plus.
· Bachelor's degree required, Master's preferred in Computer Science or Information Systems or related discipline
· Applicable certifications preferred